Skip to main content

30 Wedding Photos: 5


Why is this one of my all-time favourite wedding pictures? Let me count the ways: 1. The later afternoon light. 2. The smiles on nearly every face. 3. The Kiss. 4. The iconic London skyline (getting up high - nearly always a Good Thing, photographically). 5. The guy at the back climbing up so he is in the picture. 6. The composition. 7. The happiness. 
Of course, this one was a set up, unlike the others so far, but the fact that so many people were involved, the setting, smiling eyes... somehow, it really doesn't matter that everyone was asked to pose for the photo - so many are doing their own thing anyway, the "pose" is really very little more than a grouping and a request that they look at the camera. Having viewed this picture a lot over the years, it still makes me smile. Would I change anything? Well, I'd be happier if the woman in red, extreme right, was looking at the camera... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.