Skip to main content

30 Wedding Photos: 11


Ooh, like a pieta.

Three bridesmaids, the two older ones comforting the youngest. I don't know what triggered the girl's tears but I know that they were over quickly thanks to the love and kindness of the women. This picture is a little old now and I don't know if I would necessarily give the same post-processing treatment to it today as I did when I first edited it, though I might as I still think it adds something. I am conscious when editing a wedding set that they need to be seen as a cohesive group so that they don't jar when viewed in a slideshow or a book. Mixing colour and black and white can be tricky in this regard, though people are reasonably used to the convention now so I am not too worried by it. Different treatments, on the other hand, can disrupt the flow, the mood, the mise-en-scene, and so if I have a few pictures that I have treated in some unusual way I will generally put them in a separate file marked "experimental" and warn the recipients that they may not necessarily like the more heavily post-processed pictures.

Anyway, what's to like in this? Human warmth, empathy, emotion; the girl's sad eyes and the physical and emotional comfort provided by the women, one kissing her, one talking to her, both soothing her. I like the simplicity, the darkness, the tones, the hair. And, like some of the others, I like the spontaneity of the scene, the absence of artifice. YMMV of course, those are just my thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.