Skip to main content

30 Wedding Photos: Number 30


So, then, the last of this series. Why this one? The light. The smiles. The bridesmaid just out of frame but visible. The contrails. The banner. The fact that we'd all, me and the B&G, we'd all agreed "no cheesy photos" and yet here we are, cheesing like mad. The pink and white cover to the compostor, hastily put together by friends of the B&G the day before. Oh all this and more. None of it is perfect - the grass is thin (the house hasn't long been built); the sky is well blown-out around the sun; I'd of kinda liked a bit more DoF. But who cares - Life is there. Life and Love - I didn't keep them hanging around for ages while we set it up and got everything perfect - we did this and another shot in less than a minute. And that's the point - it is spontaneous, it happened just like that, and it is representative of John and Petra.

It was a beautiful wedding John, Petra - thank you for asking me to photograph it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.