Skip to main content

51 Years of Lessons: The Metaphors (2)

Each image is a metaphor for a year in my life, taken chronologically, as before, and as before all the pictures were taken on a short walk from the house today, all in the space of about 90 minutes. I didn't delete so many this time (maybe six?) and the rules were as before - don't think too much, try and get them as close to how I want them to appear as I can straight out of camera - although I've done some work on a few of them, as before, I do try and keep this to a minimum. Each one is reflective of a theme, emotion or lesson that came to mind when I was thinking of my age at the time. No pictures are missing, but 3 are misaligned - 14, 30 and 35; this is only of consequence with 35. I was more careful about getting them in the correct order this time, and I've not gone for different sizes except for, obviously, nos. 31 (an exceptional year), and 28,29 and 30 (no one needs to see those at a larger size). 26 is also larger than the others as it represents a time of expansion. As before, I'm not going to explain the metaphors / lessons represented, nor explain how the subject matter, proportions or colour / lack of colour reflect the thoughts I have about the particular years of my life. Next time, however, perhaps I'll try and add a word or two. Maybe.

As before, the idea isn't to take 51 masterpieces. The idea is to loosen up, to relax, to have a bit of fun, to explore what's possible with a little camera and a short walk. To enjoy the photography and to see if I can't go a little deeper into my past and see how it has a bearing on my present, to perhaps understand a little more of why I am as I am. That being said, some of the photos (51, 42, 31, 20, 19, 16 and 10) I actually like as standalone pictures - they're not likely to make it into a museum any time soon, but they have some merit. 

Thanks for dropping by. I hope 2015 turns out to be a good year for you.  


1


2


3


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12


13


14


15


16


17


18


19


20


21


22


23


24


25


26


27


28


29


30



31


32


33


34


35


36


37


38


39


40


41


42


43


44


45


46


47


48


49


50


51


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.