Skip to main content

Ingerland: Artist's Statement


Artist Statement

My work explores the relationship between Jungian archetypes and midlife subcultures.
With influences as diverse as Caravaggio and Miles Davis, new insights are synthesised from both traditional and modern layers.
Ever since I was a postgraduate I have been fascinated by the ephemeral nature of the human condition. What starts out as yearning soon becomes debased into a manifesto of power, leaving only a sense of nihilism and the chance of a new order.
As momentary replicas become transformed through diligent and critical practice, the viewer is left with an epitaph for the possibilities of our culture.


(With thanks to David James Ross for collaboration) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.