Skip to main content

Film No. 3




Less enamoured of my results this time, part of the problem is the absence of dynamic range and the tiny file sizes I am getting from the CD that the local chemist delivers. These two issues may well be related; any which way, it means that I don't have much headroom in any of the files and these are the only two keepers from the last roll of 24 that I shot and, of course, it doesn't need pointing out that that are hardly stellar. However, one thing that keeps me coming back to it is the soft, forgiving nature of the lens and film combination - there is something beautiful about the grain and the light in the first image for example. Anyway, my continued failures only serve to make me work harder to get more success, digital be damned.
The ideas behind the above pictures were simple - the first was a portrait of James taken just because the light was nice, James is a cooperative chap, and I had the camera to hand. The second was taken because I liked the contrast between the crisp, busy leaves and the smooth, artificial lines of the car, plus of course there was a red-on-red play going on. I also liked the idea of not being sure what the subject was here... I'll stop there, however, as to go further is to risk pseudery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.