31 May 2015

Artist's Statement: Update

I got to listening to furniture maker, teacher and writer Peter Korn at The Hay Festival the other day. Lots to think about, and I might try and commit some of it to screen at some point. In the meantime, I would just say that I was inspired by his Artist's Statement which was, in essence: 


INTEGRITY

SIMPLICITY

&

GRACE


All that is needed really, isn't it? If I can bear that in mind when making photos in future I will be a happy photographer. No bigging up by neologisms or obscure academic language, no turning off the viewer with reference to arcane theoretical arguments. Integrity, simplicity and grace - done. If you have to ask, you won't understand.

No comments:

Welcome to Mrs Lemon's: Sic transit gloria mundi.

See more at http://patrickdoddsphotography.co.uk .

Something of an online zibaldone, albeit not on Tumblr where one might otherwise expect to find such things, "Mrs Lemon's Visit to Japan" takes its name from a poster seen in Cornwall advertising a talk at the local Women's Institute. I hope there is something here you like.

NB If you go back in time far enough on here some of the photos start to disappear - not sure why. Whatever is happening with the missing pictures, apologies.

BW

Patrick

Blog Archive