Skip to main content

Nirvana

Lying on the grass at the top of our garden on Quickley Lane, the apple tree to my right, the silver birches behind me, the latter not yet condemned to death by the wasps' nest in their base. In the house, the rest of my family - mum, dad, brother, sister. Overhead, blue sky turning evening. Its the school holidays - near the beginning, not the end, so peace, and exciting, stomach-tingling thoughts of play. I turn and look at the grass up close: a ladybird; arcing blades of green; the world beneath my feet. I turn back to the sky - swallows flit about above: it is warm, it is quiet, it is infinite.
I'm called in for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trouble is

when I'm confronted with a request for headshots, say, I can't just stop there I have to start experimenting. I mean, you wouldn't put this on Spotlight or the IMDb now would you? Ah well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't, if you see what I mean. Above is the ever-beautiful Claire-Monique Martin taken on Friday. Other photographs were procured.

The Opening of Quango's Exhibition at Cuts, Soho

Hamlet - the Malachites - at The Geffrye Museum

Schopenhauer’s central premise is that talent achieves what others cannot achieve, whereas genius achieves what others cannot imagine.