18 July 2016

Fuji X-Pro2: Day 3



The above is a SOOC jpeg. Last of the day's sunlight. I'd have liked a bit more dynamic range such that the sky held a bit of colour and the blacks weren't so black but never mind - I like it otherwise. And I could have fiddled with the settings a bit of course but I'm still in the "let's just see what it does if left to its own devices" mode.

Some observations from today: 

1. I've just had the camera freeze on me - by which I mean, I was deleting some photographs one by one and the screen went black and the camera became unresponsive - not so good for a two-day old machine with less than a couple of hundred pictures on it. Had to pop out the battery in the end. Not good Fuji, not good. 
2. I still want to pick it up and take it to photograph things - it really does beg to be used. 
3. You know the ISO arrangement is a bit of a mess, yes? I mean, the lifting the collar on the dial like we used to have to do in 1982? So instead you choose your auto-ISO settings and off you go? Well, the good news is that auto ISO is pretty easy to set up and understand; the bad news is it seems to default to f2 rather than raise the ISO by much and I'm not sure why. Anyway, maybe I'll be able to fix that somehow - I mean, I can set the aperture myself of course and maybe I'll just have to do this which isn't much of a hardship. Or specify a higher base ISO or something. 

[Do you get confused reading reviews / explanations of cameras that aren't in your hands? I do, but then I'm plenty thick so it isn't really surprising - you're probably not as dumb as a brick like me which, being the case, please ignore this section in parentheses]. 

What else? Nothing at the moment - the crashing of the software / camera of course takes some of the shine away but in some ways it's all part of learning to live with something - there's only so long before the person you're dating has to guff or accidentally trips over a rug or some such and it is at that point you find out if you're in for a long relationship or if no, you're not up for a less than god-like perfection. If the former, you can relax a bit and get in a bit of guffing of your own should the need arise.

Bed now, but here's another picture first - it's an early Victorian anti-dandruff statue.


No comments:

Welcome to Mrs Lemon's: Sic transit gloria mundi.

See more at http://patrickdoddsphotography.co.uk .

Something of an online zibaldone, albeit not on Tumblr where one might otherwise expect to find such things, "Mrs Lemon's Visit to Japan" takes its name from a poster seen in Cornwall advertising a talk at the local Women's Institute. I hope there is something here you like.

NB If you go back in time far enough on here some of the photos start to disappear - not sure why. Whatever is happening with the missing pictures, apologies.

BW

Patrick

Blog Archive